Magnetic stripe and ID barcode reader interfaces to panel or PC.
The Magbar JX series can read barcodes and magnetic stripes in the same slot. These card readers are designed to be interfaced to a PC or access control panel. The reader can read standard ABA magnetic stripe cards on Tracks 2, or Tracks 1 & 2 or Tracks 2 & 3 and can read ID barcodes of many different symbologies. The MagBar JX card readers have built in data conversion that allow you to mask out unwanted data in the data stream, allowing you to only report the part of data that the application requires. The JX readers can be ordered in a wide variety of interfaces and output protocols. These magnetic stripe and ID barcode readers are programmable and can be equipped with a variety of options including LED indicators, alphanumeric displays and a relay output for controlling electronic locks directly. TCP/IP networked versions of the JX card reader are compatible with Highpower HMS Management Software.
- Programmable internal options
- Visible or infrared light barcode sensor
- Track 2, or Track 1 and 2, or Track 2 and 3
- 5V or 12VDC operation
- Good Read Beep
- -40°C to +85°C operation for rugged operation
- RS422 and RS485 versions are network-able for programming access
- Wiegand (numeric and alphanumeric)
- RS232 wedge
- TTL ASCII
- Inverted TTL ASCII
- Magstripe (ABA) emulation
- Wand emulation
- PC Wedge
- 5VDC, 8-15VDC, or 15-30VDC operation
- Choice of output interface
- Visible or infrared optics
- Low or high resolution
- Track 2, tracks 1&2, or tracks 2&3
- 8-character alphanumeric display
- 4-digit clock display
- Indicator LEDs
- Internal relay
- Door position switch inputs for door status indication
- #6 or 3mm mounting options
- Side or rear wiring options
This Magbar JX ID barcode and magnetic stripe card reader unit can be ordered from Highpower mounted on a double-gang electrical plate. Normally, card reader has a proprietary mounting system.
To download the Data Sheet for the Magbar JX card reader, click here.