Magnetic stripe reader interfaces to panel or PC.
The Smart Mag JX magnetic stripe card readers are decoded magstripe swipe readers designed to be interfaced to a PC or access control panel. The card reader can read standard ABA magnetic stripe cards on Tracks 2, or Tracks 1 & 2 or Tracks 2 & 3. The Smart Mag JX magnetic stripe card readers have built in data conversion that allow you to mask out unwanted data in the data stream, allowing you to only report the part of data that the application requires. The JX magnetic stripe readers can be ordered in a wide variety of interfaces and output protocols. They are programmable, and can be equipped with a variety of options including LED indicators, alphanumeric displays, and a relay output for controlling electronic locks directly. TCP/IP networked versions of the JX magnetic stripe card reader are compatible with Highpower HMS Management Software.
- Programmable internal decoding options
- Can decode 1 or 2 tracks
- Can be ordered to provide either 5VDC or 12VDC operation
- “Beep” sounder indicates that a good card read has occurred
- -40°C to +85°C operation for rugged environments
- RS422 and RS485 versions are network-able for programming access
- Wiegand (numeric and alphanumeric)
- RS232 Wedge
- TTL ASCII
- Inverted TTL ASCII
- Magstripe (ABA) emulation
- Wand emulation
- PC wedge
- 1 or 2 tracks
- Side or Rear wiring options
- 5VDC, 8-15VDC, or 15-30VDC operation
- Visible or infrared optics
- Low or high resolution
- Choice of above listed interfaces
- 8-character alphanumeric display
- 4-digit clock display
- Indicator LEDs
- Internal relay
- Door position switch inputs for door status indication
- #6 or 3mm mounting options
This magnetic stripe card reader can be ordered from Highpower mounted on a double-gang electrical plate. Normally, card reader unit has a proprietary mounting system.
To download the Data Sheet for this product, click here.