Proximity card reader with optional magstripe and barcode capability.
The Smart Prox JX proximity card reader is a combination reader that can optionally read magnetic stripe cards, barcode cards or smart cards including iClass, depending on configuration The unit has an integrated data converter that can convert proximity, magnetic stripe or barcode data into a common format.
The Smart Prox JX proximity / barcode / magnetic stripe card reader can be ordered with many different output types for interfacing to a PC or access control panel. The Smart Prox JX card readers have built in data conversion that allow you to mask out unwanted data in the data stream, allowing you to only report the part of data that the application requires. These card reader units are programmable, and can be equipped with a variety of options including LED indicators, alphanumeric displays, and a relay output for controlling electronic locks directly. TCP/IP networked versions of the JX card reader are compatible with Highpower HMS Management Software.
- Programmable internal decoding options
- Can decode proximity, barcode, smartcard (including iClass) or magnetic stripe, 1 or 2 tracks depending on part number
- Can be ordered operate on either 5VDC or 12VDC operation
- “Beep” sounder indicates that a good card read has occurred
- -40°C to +85°C operation for rugged environments
- RS422, RS485 and TCPIP versions are network-able for interfacing with software directly
- Wiegand (numeric and alphanumeric)
- RS232 wedge
- TTL ASCII
- Inverted TTL ASCII
- Magstripe (ABA) emulation
- Wand emulation
- PC wedge
- 1 or 2 tracks or magnetic stripe reading
- Barcode reading, with visible or infrared optics
- Smart card capability, including iClass
- Side or Rear wiring options
- 5VDC, 8-15VDC, or 15-30VDC operation
- 8-character alphanumeric display
- 4-digit clock display
- Indicator LEDs
- Internal relay
- Door position switch inputs for door status indication
- #6 or 3mm mounting options
This magnetic stripe card reader can be ordered from Highpower mounted on a double-gang electrical plate. Normally, card reader unit has a proprietary mounting system.