DS-1200-110 & DS-1200-110-TJ
Magnetic Lock Kit Electromagnetic lock kit with power supply
to meet fire codes.
When using electromagnetic locks in a typical application, there are additional pieces of hardware that must be installed in order to comply with building fire codes. Highpower Security magnetic lock kits are designed around the NFPA fire codes for access control applications, which are used throughout the United States.
The code states that there must be a minimum of two devices used to release the electromagnetic lock. One device can either be a PIR motion detector or an electrified exit release bar (also called a "crash bar"). The second device must be a manual release button that has the words "PUSH TO EXIT" labeled. This push button must provide a 30 second time delay when pushed, and the time delay must act independent of the access control system (the delay must work on its own not tied into any other access control system). If the building has a fire alarm system, the electromagnetic lock must be tied into the fire control system so that the magnetic lock releases (unlocks) automatically during a fire alarm. The door must also release upon the loss of main electrical power.
Highpower Security DS-1200-100 series electromagnetic lock kits are designed to meet these code requirements, and are packaged with an easy-to-install power supply. If you are looking for an electromagnetic lock kit without a power supply, please view our DS-1200-Door Lock Kits.
might also need:
A complete magnetic
lock kit for one
Rugged pushplates in a
variety of sizes, colors and
Required for safety codes, they keep the door unlocked
for a set amount
of time in
Call us at 1-800-991-3646
DS-1200-110 Magnetic Lock Kits Include:
- One DS-1200 Electromagnetic Door Lock - 1200 lb industrial electromagnetic lock 12/24VDC
- One H100-C-PE-PN - Pushplate 100 push button, clear aluminum anodized finish, engraved "PUSH TO EXIT" with integrated timer
- One DS-160 Sensor - Request to exit PIR motion sensor
- One H505-110 - 1 AMP regulated DC power supply
- Optional battery back-up available
DS-1200-110 Kit Electromagnetic Lock Features
- Everything you need in one complete magnetic lock kit for a safe installation
- In-swinging and out-swinging door lock configurations with optional bracketing available
- Fail-safe operation releases instantly upon loss of power
- Low current draw
- Long service life as the electromagnetic lock has no moving parts to wear
- One year manufacturer's warranty on all magnetic lock kit components
- Major components of the kit including the magnetic lock are Made in the USA
DS-1200-110 Magnetic Lock Kit Models
Highpower's DS-1200 electromagnetic lock kits are available in two different models and with optional equipment, depending on your door installation needs. Please visit our main electromagnetic lock page for a description of in-swinging verses out-swinging doors.
- DS-1200-110 Electromagnetic Lock Kit for out-swinging doors - The standard DS-1200 magnetic lock kit is supplied with an adjustable mounting plate for use on out-swinging doors.
- DS-1200-TJ-110 Electromagnetic Lock Kit for in-swinging doors - The DS-1200-TJ-110 magnetic lock kit is furnished with an angle lock mounting plate and an armature "Z" bracket for in-swinging door installations.
Any 1200 series electromagnetic lock may be converted in the field for in-swing door applications by adding the angle mounting plate and "Z" bracket. An optional conduit fitted lock is available for exterior gate control applications.